Monday, July 5, 2010

Proud

Visit with family, 3rd of July festivities:
We made a last minute trip up to Moorpark on the 3rd of July and visited family. I'm so glad we did! I missed them!
Uncle James showing the kids the Rattle snake he killed

Firecrackers and sparklers!




4th of July with Friends in La Jolla

pre-fireworks show




Job finding his inner DJ




I believe we are truly blessed to live in a Nation that is Free! We have opportunity at our fingertips, and on a daily basis I forget that. I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, a car to drive, clothes on my back and THEN SOME!
I am blessed! Blessed to have a Husband who works hard on a daily basis to provide for us. Works doing physical labor, with his hands, and that his profession provides for us. That he cares about his country and is not ashamed or afraid to speak his mind. I am SO thankful to those in any type of military service. We, as a family, are absolutely supportive of you and your families. Your families that are worried, your wives that are alone with your children, your kids who miss their Daddy. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sacrificing your time and life to better our country. Some don't agree, and some complain, but in the end you are doing more then they ever will.

The people that founded this country founded it on Godly principles:
God is vanishing from our society and peoples agendas and selfish desires are creeping in. The emphasis is on "self", not on others. We live in the now, and not for the future. Our founding fathers lived for us. Can you even imagine that? Living for those in The United States that were yet to come. But even more then that they lived for God. If you don't agree, just read.

“It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!”
Patrick Henry

“I know not what others may choose but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death.”
Patrick Henry

“The general principles upon which the Fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity…I will avow that I believed and now believe that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and the attributes of God.”
[June 28, 1813; Letter to Thomas Jefferson]

“We recognize no Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!”
[April 18, 1775, on the eve of the Revolutionary War after a British major ordered John Adams, John Hancock, and those with them to disperse in “the name of George the Sovereign King of England." ]

“July 4th ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.”
[letter written to Abigail on the day the Declaration was approved by Congress]

"I have examined all religions, as well as my narrow sphere, my straightened means, and my busy life, would allow; and the result is that the Bible is the best Book in the world. It contains more philosophy than all the libraries I have seen." December 25, 1813 letter to Thomas Jefferson

“Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the world, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [the Fourth of July]?" “Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the Gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity"?
-John Quincy Adams

“The Law given from Sinai [The Ten Commandments] was a civil and municipal as well as a moral and religious code.”
John Quincy Adams.

“God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” –Constitutional Convention of 1787 | original manuscript of this speech
-Benjamin Franklin

Maybe you disagree with them now...but there is no changing what the basis of America was suppose to be....what they had planned it to be for us.
We live in a nation about self, about now, about who's fault it is and who to blame. They created America for US...they had our well being in mind when they signed the Declarataion of Independence. Us...can you even think of it...we weren't even CREATED yet but they were making a nation for the future. They didn't conform to the world, they had a specific layout for THIS land.
Even on a day of patriotism like the 4th of July, it gets lost. We are focused on pool parties, BBQ's, side dishes, drinks, and what cute red, white, and blue outfit your kids will wear. Our reason for celebrating gets drowned out, and bringing up a subject like "politics" gets frowned upon or the room goes silent. Our focus is warped. Even I am guilty of just wanting to have fun and not focusing on the reason for all the celebration. I am grateful that their focus was true. That is founded on a solid rock, that they had our well being in mind, and even more then that, they had Jesus in mind, as the basis for all things.

I am so proud to be an American and to raise my kids to be just as proud, but more importantly to know Jesus is their Savior, their basis for life. Some of the worlds smartest and most educated men agreed when they wrote these important documents.

The theme is the same: Jesus first. And secondly: to establish government founded on Jesus.

Alexander Hamilton:
“The Christian Constitutional Society, its object is first: The support of the Christian religion. Second: The support of the United States.”

"For my own part, I sincerely esteem it [the Constitution] a system which without the finger of God, never could have been suggested and agreed upon by such a diversity of interests." [1787 after the Constitutional Convention]

"I have carefully examined the evidences of the Christian religion, and if I was sitting as a juror upon its authenticity I would unhesitatingly give my verdict in its favor. I can prove its truth as clearly as any proposition ever submitted to the mind of man."

A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven. [Letter by Madison to William Bradford [urging him to make sure of his own salvation] November 9, 1772]


and my favorite:
“ It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible.”
George Washington

Do your kids pledge allegiance to the Flag in school?

Have you ever actually read The Declaration of Independence?
If not, here is your chance. Here

The Constitution

The Bill of Rights

I am more concerned with our nation then ever before. Being a mother has given me a whole new outlook on it all. My children's future, it's scary. I don't know what the future holds for our nation. This country may be falling apart but I will continue to pray for it and for those who govern. I'll pray for those I agree with and for those I don't. I'll pray for those in office now and for those in the future. I'll pray that my kids have an understanding of their ancestors, their world, their country, and most important, their God.

No comments: