Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Sancho!"

This is what I've been hearing all day and evening at our house for the last 18hrs.

Sancho is our newest addition to the family.
When Steve asked me if I wanted a rescue puppy from Mexico I said "NO!".

He showed me the picture, I said "NO!"
He said "Why?", I gave my 27 reasons, and then...
He came home with this little guy:


Yes, he is cute, he is a great little puppy that is 90% potty trained, he doesn't bark, he sits for treats, and he came from a neglected place BLAH BLAH BLAH. But I wasn't ready for a dog. I'm still not ready. Things have changed already. I can't let Maggie go outside unless he's tied up or I'm holding her. I have to check the grass for "maneuvers", And I have to yell "out" every time I hear him peek through the screen door.

However, he is here and he is absolutely adorable. The kids have fallen in love with him (even though they've all been scratched with his loving paws).
I know he will grow and get bigger. I know it will be hard. And I know that at times I will be annoyed with him for knocking Maggie down again, but I've already gotten use to him and I love him too. I'm glad we were able to take him in and care for him and I'm glad my kids will always have an outside playmate.

Plus, less sweeping for me!

2 comments:

The Killingbecks said...

He is adorable!! He looks like what I think Nika must have looked like as a puppy. If you need a puppy playdate, let me know! Enjoy. There is something so amazing about watching your kids love and take care of a dog.

* TONYA * said...

he is pretty darn cute.

Hoping he's house trained. You really don't need to be cleaning up after another 'child' :)