Thursday, March 26, 2009

He did it!

After failed attempts at potty training I finally went for the motivational approach. I told Job that if he went Poo poos 10 times in the potty that he could get a prize. We went to Target and he chose a basketball hoop. So for the last 2 weeks he has been diaper free and doing great, working up to his "poo poo present". We had 2 accidents, no big deal.
I made him a chart that hung on the bathroom door

"Mama, I filled it up!"

"Papa got it!"

"Here I go!"

"Victory is mine!"

He went from sitting to pee, to aiming for cheerios and is now standing all by himself. And, he rushes in now saying "Mama I'm gonna go poo poos, don't come, I'll call you and show you after!"
He is now a peeing and pooping machine! My little man is growing up!

1 comment:

April said...

Yaay!! I know Diego is happy to have a hoop also! He was ballin at Eva's b-day party.