Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Healing Hands needed!

This was sent to me by my friend Tonya, please send your healing hands!

HEALING HANDS
Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Most of you have seen me blogging about my dear friend Jessica and her little girl Tuesday. For those who haven't, Tuesday has been fighting Stage 4 Neuroblastoma.


Jessica is a member of my multiples group. We are a VERY tight knit group of mums who have twins the same age. We went through out pregnancies together (on-line), a lot of us have met in person and we have regular meet-ups in our areas. We chat every single day ... we've even been marrying our kids off to each other ha ha.

A couple of weeks ago Jess received the most wonderful news that Tuesday was cancer free after undergoing rounds of chemo and so many other procedures that I've lost count.

Before Christmas Tuesday had to go back to the doctor with abdominal pain. They thought it was a problem with her bowels. The day after Christmas she received the most devastating news. It was back. Already. A small 2x2 spot which they had thought was calcification was not that at all. It was now a 9x7 mass. In such a short amount of time, this grew and grew. Tuesday was supposed to be having a stem cell transplant. She will instead be undergoing more chemo, possibly surgery and there are talks of going to NYC, which apparently has the best surgeon and best course of treatments available.

Jessica's pastor had a wonderful idea to trace Tuesday's body and cover it with hands. Hands that will help heal. Hands filled with love and inspiration, hope and prayers. Jessica has bigger ideas. She would love to fill Tuesday's wall with healing hands.

This is where you come in. Send me your hands. Photograph them, scan them, trace them. I don't care how you get them to me, just please do. All hands that are emailed to me at blogbytonya@gmail.com will be printed and sent to Jessica. I just ask that somehow you include a message and your name on your hand so Tuesday knows who is helping to heal her.
example:

1 comment:

* TONYA * said...

Thank you so much for blogging about this ... and for the hands I picked up from you. I'm sending off a big envelope of hands to Tuesday today.