Wednesday, September 24, 2008

He gives and takes away




The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised." Job 1:21

We have just celebrated the birth of our daughter Magdelena, and now we are so sad to have heard about the recent loss of our friend Kris.

Steve and Kris met over 12years ago and have remained good friends through all this time. Kris was at our wedding, at the dedications of our children, and recently joined us for Steve's 34th surprise birthday party. Without warning or notice he is now gone and we are left with the funny memories he left behind. His "Safety Dance" (dancing with his finger pointing out so you need safety goggles to be near him) will always be remembered and done at any dancing event and his smile will be etched in our minds forever! I know my husband is absolutley heart broken and saddened. He just keeps looking at me in disbelief, not sure what to say about it. He says he is just waiting to hear Kris call him and say "Whut up Steve?"...and almost tempted to call his phone to see if it's all really true.

We love you Kris and you all already so deeply missed! I'm thankful for your friendship with my husband and for being a part of our lives.

4 comments:

my little buttercup said...

I am so sorry, how sad.

Alliegatorfables said...

So sorry for you loss Melissa and Steve.

Tati's Momma said...

I am sooo sorry Melissa. My prayers for you, Steve and his Family..

Barley Family said...

Melissa and Steve, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's tough losing a loved one.